Monday, October 28, 2013

Card in a Box

Hi Stampers!

So I just had to try the card in the box I posted a link to on Friendly Friday, and I love it!  Here's how mine turned out:

 
I used Crumb Cake cardstock for the base, Season of Style Designer Series Paper, the Festive Flurry stamp set and coordinating framelits, a little Cherry Cobbler 1" Grosgrain Ribbon and the sentiment is from Joyful Christmas.  On the video all of the measurements are in centimetres, but our Stampin' Up! paper cutters have all of the measurements in both centimetres and inches, so that was no problem.  Our paper is half an inch shorter, so using her measurements there is no tab.  Instead I used a piece of scrap glued to both edges on the inside to hold the box together.  Here's a view from of the side:
 

Do you love it too?  It takes a bit longer than the cards I usually post, but the extra time certainly pays off when someone opens it and all those flaps pop open!  When this card is flat it is larger than a standard card, so I used my Envelope Punch Board to make a 6" x 6 1/2" envelope with Crumb Cake card stock. 



This was a very satisfying way to pass an afternoon, I recommend giving it a try when you have a little time for stamping set aside. 

Go stamp something!
Diane



2 comments: